Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer squash sandwich


This isn't a recipe.

For one, I am probably not qualified to write a recipe as my cooking skills are mediocre at best. Also, I totally ripped off was inspired by a local restaurant where I once got a similar lunch once.

What I am qualified to tell you is that this is a frickin' delicious sandwich that takes hardly any time to make.



It's pretty much that easy. Well, there's also some salt, olive oil and rosemary, but if I'd shown that many ingredients it would look too involved, don't you think?

I roasted up some sliced zucchini like this:


Wow, that was a terrible photo, but you get the point.

I used a cheese slicer to do this. And I rubbed the zuke slices with the olive oil, salt and rosemary and roasted them for about 20 minutes at 400°. Mine got a little brown and crispy on the ends, but I actually like that little extra crunch, so I was fine with that.

I'm pretty sure you can figure out the rest.



So what's your favorite summer sandwich? Does it involve zucchini?

No comments:

Post a Comment