Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Natural Thanksgiving Tablescape


When I created this tablescape, I wanted to focus on natural elements. I pulled out antler candleholders, feather napkins and plates, and pumpkins leftover from Halloween. I brought in wooden decorative balls and a rustic runner, and created napkin rings with more inexpensive belts from Daiso (when I picked up the ones I used for the leather strap hurricane). I just cut them into strips and used some string to tie them together on the back.





For the centerpiece, I opted for a (mostly) edible display. I went through the produce section of my grocery store, picking up artichokes and dark green-purple bunches of kale. I supplemented with the dried seed pods and feathers I always keep on hand. Sadly, I forgot to add water and the kale got a little wilty in the bowl... So, learn from my mistake and remember kale needs water!



Although they weren't natural elements, I had the idea of making little chalkboards for each place setting. I imagined them written with the names of my guests or for each guest to write what they are grateful for. I thought they were the perfect addition to our table.


I think the table turned out nice and casual...just the way I hope Thursday will be! :-)

Edit: click here for a little tutorial on these in case you'd like to add this detail to your own Thanksgiving feast!

Linking up to the Dare to be Thankful Linky Party with Primitive & Proper and the Link Party Palooza with Tatertots and Jello.

9 comments:

  1. Love the pheasant feathers in the center piece! Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I seriously want to put pretty feathers in everything.

      Delete
  2. this is adorable- so clever! love the chalkboards and love the natural elements! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those anterl candlesticks are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table! Every detail is amazing!!! I love the small chalkboards - such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table! Stopping by from Dare to DIY. Love those candlesticks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got kind of excited when I read "mini chalkboards" on the thumbnail description (stopping by from Dare to DIY)....and they're SO CUTE. mini anything is pretty awesome; chalkboards exp. so :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always intimidated by the idea of creating a display using produce like this, but it looks great! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little baby chalkboards are my favorite! Your whole table looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete